Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My reflections on the Op-ed

I really enjoyed writing this piece as I felt that I was able to share my voice with others about an issue that I really feel passionate about. My only regret on this was that I was not able to write the op-ed how I wanted because I know that I needed to address my audience in a more formal way then I really wanted to. If I could go back I would write the paper with more focused view of my audience being the students and not the police. This is because I am a sarcastic person and I like to use sarcasm in my papers but have the police take me seriously I had to be formal, which was kind of a letdown. But overall I feel that it was a really fun experience that challenged me. I had a lot of fun going to the writing center as they helped me a lot. Another fun thing was this was my first English paper after my mission so it was interesting trying to remember English.  So, overall this was a fun experience.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it would have been fun to see some of that sarcasm. But what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! Where did you serve your mission?

    ReplyDelete