Thursday, September 1, 2011

Op-Ed


This assignment was to brainstorm some ideas about the opinion editorial and the topics that would be acceptable for this. I was thinking about the discussion that we had in the classroom about Facebook. This made me think about writing about how we can use Facebook as a more effective tool in turning us active members of our neighborhoods and our world. My opinion could be that using Facebook we can inform others and use rhetoric to help people go from the just talking of arguments and opinions to really moving and causing action.
 Other options for the opinion paper can be one of the various problems that face us on the BYU campus. For example the lack of parking and the strictness of the parking attendants, who seem to have little to no mercy on college students who are just trying to make ends meet. There are lots of things that I can write about, but these are a couple that seem to really strike my interest.  

2 comments:

  1. I very strongly disagree with the opinion that most students here hold of the parking availability. There is plenty of space, and campus is very compact. However, i agree that the parking enforcement gets on too much of a power trip, and they will reap the just fruits of their merciless ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the parking. I've gotten two tickets and neither one of them was my fault. They decided to lower the ticket because they agreed with me but not enough to just get rid of the ticket of course. Dumb. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete